Visiting the UK to bring you closer to your ancestors
Do you want to come to the UK and find out more about your ancestors? A once in a lifetime trip to connect you with your family and your heritage?
We can arrange personalised tours to the places you want to visit. Many different options are available and everything can be tailored to fit your needs.
Research can be done in advance to locate your family records and to arrange appointments.
Tours can be accompanied or done on your own with our guidance and support.
Example tours include:
- A 2-7 day tour visiting places your ancestors lived and worked.
- The National Records Office at Kew near London or Edinburgh in Scotland to see the records belonging to your ancestors
- Churches or cathedrals where your ancestors were baptised/christened, got married or were buried.
- Viewing records at local records offices in the counties where your ancestors lived.
- Visiting libraries or societies such as the Huguenot Society in London.
- Finding family heirlooms which were donated to museums such as the Victoria and Albert Museum or National Portrait Gallery in London.
- Military service records at places such as the Imperial War Museum.
Accommodation, travel and flights can be booked for you if necessary, staying in small, boutique accommodation and can also include tours of local vineyards, distilleries and food producers.
An example is shown below. Please enquire for more details.