Welcome to the Journeys into Genealogy podcast.
Each episode will be around 30-40 minutes (and some will be shorter).
I will be interviewing other genealogy experts, sharing research tips, sharing stories, telling client stories and much more.
Episodes are broadcast twice (possibly three times) per month.
Topics and Interviews include:
- Tips for getting started – listen to Kath Kirkland for tips on getting started with writing your story – Nov 2020 (35 mins)
- Heirloom jewellery – listen to Jacqui Larsson for tips on what to do with your jewellery and how to look after it – Jan 2021 (39 mins)
- Children’s toys
- Finding and recording family stories – listen to Sas Huntwood – Feb 2021 (35 mins)
- What to do with inherited research
- Visiting local archives
- Family History Magazine – a conversation with editor Helen Tovey – Feb 2021 (33 mins)
- What’s available in the National Archives and the British Library
- The benefits of joining a local family history society
- The Huguenot Society
- The Huguenots of Spitalfields – who they were and how they are still influencing society today – listen to Charlie de Wet – Feb 2021 (41 mins)
- Reading old handwriting – listen to Kerry Baldwin – Nov 2020 (39 mins)
- DNA – what can you discover and what should you consider before you take a test – listen to Libby Copeland – Jan 2021 (41 mins)
- One Name Studies – listen to Ken Toll to find out more about one name studies – Jan 2021 (47 minutes)
- Online resources including Ancestry and the British Newspaper Archive
- The Mayflower Voyages of the 1620s
- Inherited emotions
- Inter-generational trauma
If you are interested in being a guest and sharing your expertise or stories please contact me.
It is available here:
Or check out some of the episodes in the player:
A conversation with Helen Tovey of Family Tree Magazine – Journeys into Genealogy podcast
- A conversation with Helen Tovey of Family Tree Magazine
- Stories: a conversation with storyteller Sas Huntwood
- A conversation with Charlie de Wet of the Huguenots of Spitalfields
- An interview with Libby Copeland about DNA testing
- A conversation with author and publisher Amanda Davey
- A conversation with Ken Toll of the Guild of One Name Studies
- A conversation with Jacqui Larsson – gemmologist and diamond specialist
- A conversation with Kerry Baldwin, expert in old handwriting and wills
- An Interview with author Kath Kirkland
- A conversation with Jane Muddle – funeral celebrant