Welcome to the Journeys into Genealogy podcast.
Each episode will be around 30 minutes (and some will be shorter).
I will be interviewing other genealogy experts, sharing research tips, sharing stories, telling client stories and much more.
At the moment I am not sure how frequently I will be broadcasting but it is likely to be fortnightly or monthly.
Topics and Interviews include:
- Tips for getting started – see Kath Kirkland for tips on getting started with writing your story – Nov 2020 (35 mins)
- Recording stories
- Researching in archives
- The benefits of joining a local family history society
- The Huguenot Society
- Reading old handwriting – see a conversation with Kerry Baldwin – Nov 2020 (39 mins)
- One Name Studies
- Writing your family’s story
- Online resources including Ancestry and the British Newspaper Archive
- The Mayflower Voyages of the 1620s
- Inherited emotions
If you are interested in being a guest and sharing your expertise or stories please contact me.
It is available here:
Or check out some of the episodes via Libsyn. Clicking on Menu (bottom right of the player below) and then Episodes will show you all available episodes.